May is Mental Health Awareness month and we wanted to offer up some great tips to help you manage your mental health.
- Exercise: we hear it everywhere – exercise and move your body. This is something that you can do anywhere, any time and for any length of time. When you move your body, your stress levels will decrease over time.
- Get Sleep: Adults need at least 7 hours of sleep, according to the CDC. The Mayo Clinic attests studies show adults who get less than seven hours of sleep a night on a regular basis experienced weight gain, diabetes, high cholesterol, and other health conditions.
- Positive People: If you want to improve your mood, surround yourself with people who have a positive outlook on life. Chances are their approach to life may rub off on you.
- Write: The power of writing down your thoughts and feelings helps to reduce stress, cope with depression, and manage anxiety, according to the Health Encyclopedia from the University of Rochester’s Medical Center.
- Hobbies: We all loved to play as children. As adults, we still need “play” in our lives. Enter hobbies: find a hobby that you can enjoy for years to come.
If you have tips you would like to share with us, message us on our Facebook or Instagram pages https://www.facebook.com/NutriResourceCentreHealthyHabite & instagram.com/nutri_resourcecentre